4-H Grow & Give Resources
The Grow & Give program encourages average Coloradoans to prioritize food gardening by growing extra to give locally. CSU staff provide existing resources, develop new resources and create a one-stop shop for Coloradoan’s food growing and food donating needs, helping to foster gardening success and a connection between gardens and local emergency food providers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE LEARNING AND DOING?
4-H clubs have the opportunity to participate with a community service or service learning project. While the details will be up to your particular county, basic steps for community service participation could include:
- Learning to grow food/garden
- Planning a garden (with intent to donate)
- Planting the garden
- Maintaining the garden (water, fertilizer, pests etc.)
- Harvesting the garden
- Organizing a drop off or distribution point (possible even without a garden)
- Donating produce
WHAT IS YOUR IMPACT?
- Helping local communities
- There are numerous opportunities for working with local foodbanks/donation centers
- Potential for state-wide impact data and information
TELL YOUR STORY!
- Create a poster or display for your County 4-H Fair or submit your work as a community service project
- Report your donations on the Grow & Give website
- Post your photos on social media using the hashtag #4HGrowAndGive